PDA

View Full Version : copypaste is working very rare

Piotr Glaza (piotr979)
03-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I've encountered trouble with copy/paste function! I don't know why ,but it's working very rare! I do like follow: I select notes (with ctrl+ mouse) , press CTRL+ C (or "copy" from menu "edit") then I go to different stave , mark few bars(ctrl+ mouse) and press CTRL+V (or "paste" from "edit") and I don't see any copied notes.

I reopened Composer and it helped but for while only. Is anyone who has similar trouble ???

Sherry Crann (sherry)
03-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Piotr,

This is a usability problem that we are working to address.

To copy notes, you'll need to (1) select the Region that contains the notes, not just the notes themselves and then (2) use "Ctrl + C" to copy them. (3) Now select the region you want to paste into and (4) use Ctrl + V to paste the notes in.

ttfn,
Sherry

David Jacklin (dj)
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi, Sherry and Piotr:

Another thing is that you must make sure that you are in Note Entry mode only, otherwise you won't get your notes pasted.

David

Piotr Glaza (piotr979)
03-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks David, maybe that's the reason why I could paste notes. I will check it out.

Sherry Crann (sherry)
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Howdy guys,

Good point David! Composer is designed so that whatever Tab you're working in, that will be the "active" type of selection. Thus, if you're in the GraphOverNotes tab, only the active graph will get copied and pasted. You'll need to be in Notes to copy/paste a region with the notes it contains.

ttfn,
Sherry